Senior Data Engineer
RemoteBrussels/Ghent/Antwerp (office of choice), Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumAnalytics Experts
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help us tackle complex data analytics projects from end to end in Microsoft Azure. You’ll be in charge of setting up, designing and developing data architectures & platforms. Working at element61 will allow you to develop and extend your knowledge and network in Business Analytics with the Microsoft BI Platform. You will find yourself surrounded by an exceptional peer group of "Analytics" professionals in the Belgian Business Analytics landscape. You will be able to work on data-driven projects in various industries which will allow you to use your skills and knowledge to their full extent.
We live in a data-driven world where data can be leveraged for reporting & analyses but also for data-driven products and applications. To support both, we are looking for extra people to join our team.
Data, analytics and innovation go hand-in-hand. Our Microsoft analytics team at element61 works with clients and helps them understand the impact of (big) data, digital & analytics on their business model, defining a compelling strategy and getting the job done. You’ll be part of a mixed team of Data Analysts, BI Developers, Data Engineers & Data Scientists and help our clients from strategy, over proof-of-concept to a full-blown platform.
As a Data Engineer, you work hands-on in designing & creating data architectures for the solutions we build. Every mission we’ll embark on will have concrete deliverables and a deadline. This means that we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries.
Your activities will consist of:
(1) designing & building data architectures including the design & set-up of scalable Modern Data Platforms incl. infrastructure-as-code, proper CICD, solid DevOps and the best-fit technologies for the use case.
(2) working hand-in-hand with the BI developers deploying data pipelines & data transformations which turn the raw data into relevant datasets and insights (e.g. using Databricks, Azure Data Factory or DBT)
(3) working with Data Scientist deploying machine learning into scalable services in a perfect fit with the data architecture (e.g. using MLFlow)
(3) assisting the project team in deploying data applications including, if needed, close-to real-time architectures such as streaming pipelines (e.g. using Spark Structured Streaming or Azure Functions)
You will work (standalone or in team) with clients and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and coaching & training of colleagues and customers.
You’ll be responsible to:
- Architect, develop and deploy (both hybrid cloud & full cloud) data architectures in Microsoft Azure
- Act as a Data Engineer Expert on the latest trends in the data analytics landscape and share best practices with the internal team
- Leverage Open Source technology in building scalable and best-practice set-ups (incl. Spark & Python)
- Inspire customers with insights & opportunities on new data-driven use cases
- Work with external vendors and partner technologies including (but not limited to) Azure
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data engineers and data scientists but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 innovation team
Being a Data Engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to understand the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as Spark, Kubernetes, Apache, or others.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or a technically oriented field
- 2 years of experience with Azure (Azure Data Engineer certification acts as a plus)
- 2 years of experience with Python, Spark incl. for example Databricks
Solid knowledge of SQL and coding skills in general
- Passionate about analytics machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiastic about being part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English. Dutch or French can count as a strength.